Are you looking for a simple recipe to make a delicious gluten-free and vegetarian Pumpkin Pie? Read on for a great recipe.
Laura Theodore shares her recipe for gluten-free, vegetarian pumpkin pie with homemade vanilla whipped cream that only takes 20 minutes to prepare. Laura is the author of the fabulous "Jazzy Vegetarian Classics" and "The Jazzy Vegetarian" cookbooks!
- 10 great Medjool boneless dates and more as needed
- 1/2 cup of walnut halves
- 3/4 cup of oatmeal SEE BOSS NOTE
- 14 to 16 ounces of regular firm tofu
- 1 can of pumpkin puree (about 16 ounces)
- 2/3 cup of maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
DRESSING - BOURBON VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM:
- 14 to 16 ounces of extra-firm regular tofu drained (sprouted variety preferred)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and more as needed
- 1 teaspoon of bourbon or vanilla extract flavor
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9-inch cake plate.
- To make the crust, put the dates, nuts, and oats in a high-performance mixing machine and process until the mixture forms a dough. Form the date mixture into a ball and place it in the center of the prepared pie plate.
- Press the date mixture evenly onto the bottom of the plate, pushing it up the sides of the cake plate as you go, to make a crust.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the oven and cover the edges of the crust with small strips of aluminium foil.
- Bake the cake for another 20 to 30 minutes, or until the filling is somewhat firm to the touch. Before serving, place the whipped "cream" around the perimeter of the cake.
This Jazzy Vegetarian Pumpkin Pie recipe is very easy and delicious. Now you can enjoy this healthy cake!