Cauliflower has a bad reputation because of its smell, but the truth is that it has lots of benefits and it is super tasty.
If you can get past the smell, cauliflower has a lot of health benefits and it is delicious. It is rich in antioxidants and phytonutrients and it is fairly easy to cook.
Super simple cauliflower meatballs
These cauliflower meatballs can be paired with spaghetti and marinara, any other pasta of your choice, you can toss them in your favorite salad or you can simply have them as a snack with some hummus or avocado dip.
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 spoonful flour
- Seasoning of your choice: I use oregano, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt to taste.
- Boil the cauliflower florets for about 5 minutes, drain and let it cool for a bit.
- Process the brown rice, flower, your spices o choice, the rice, and cauliflower florets until you get a fine paste, if you feel the mixture is too wet, add some breadcrumbs.
- Then roll the mixture into balls – you'll get around 15 balls.
- Now heat a pan with a thin layer of oil and fry the cauliflower balls until they are golden brown. Make sure to turn the meatballs frequently and work in batches.
- You can also bake them on a baking sheet lined with a bit of oil. It should take about 30 minutes to form a crust.