You may have heard that deodorants are full of chemicals that have a negative impact on the health of your skin. Try this homemade natural deodorant and save your money..and health.
Store-bought deodorants come with a long list of chemical components, such as aluminum. This chemical is in charge of blocking the sweat glands from sweating. Thus the toxins that the body should expel, stay inside. The use of antiperspirants and deodorants have been linked to a long list of health problems. Make your own deodorant and avoid the chemicals.
You will need:
- 1/4 cup of organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of shea butter
- 1 tbsp of magnesium oil
- 1 tbsp of tapioca powder
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of candelilla wax
- 15 drops of tree tea oil
- 15 drops of clary sage oil
- 10 drops of aloe vera oil
- In a bowl (it must be resistant to heat) mix the candelilla wax, the magnesium oil, and the 1/4 cup of the shea butter.
- Warm the ingredients up with a double-boiler until it becomes a liquid and homogenized mixture.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Once the mixture is cool enough, add the tapioca powder with the magnesium oil.
- Add the baking soda, the clary sage oil, and last but not least, the tree tea oil and mix well.
- Place in a jar and let it sit a few hours before using (don't leave it in the fridge).
The key to the recipe is the essential oils. Because they have antibacterial properties and the combination between the tapioca powder and the tbsp of baking soda, will prevent bacteria from appearing.