Did you know you could suffer from “leaky skin”? Find out all about it and discover different alternatives to attain healthy skin
The skin is the barrier to prevent pollutants and allergens away from the body. It is the first protection we have against foreign invaders, but if the skin weakens we are less likely to be able to trap moisture and protect ourselves from external agents, this can lead to acne, eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, and inflammation.
- Stress: among other detriments to our health, stress makes cortisol increase affecting the production of collagen, hyaluronic acid, and lipids, essential to keep our skin strong.
- Food: a process called glycation –stemming from high sugar and refined carbs consumption– can lead to the destruction of collagen –the elastic fibers in our skin.
- Over exfoliation: exfoliating more than twice a week can weaken your skin barrier and disturb your skin’s balance.
- Sleep: Sleeping enough and having a regular sleeping schedule will reduce stress, which in turn will benefit your skin.
- Nutrients: eat healthily, stick to healthy fats, and probiotics.
- Skincare: maintain a healthy skincare routine: use products like jojoba oil, sunflower seed oil, glycerin, and hyaluronic acid and, once more, don’t over-exfoliate, that will allow time for our skin to recover.
Now you know how to keep your skin barrier strong: stay away from stress, eat healthily, and take care of your skin!
You may also like this article!