Have you ever wanted to eat some comfort food but didn't feel like making a big culinary effort? This simple egg curry recipe will be your new staple!
Curry is one of my favorite meals to indulge in during the weekend. But I have to admit, I'm a bit lazy, and I seldom do it. Until I learned from an Indian friend how to prepare egg curry, if you just tried it, you'd see why it has become one of my staple recipes.
Even when there is nothing much in my fridge, an egg can surely be found hidden somewhere, so I can usually prepare it even when I haven't gone to the supermarket and done my meal prep.
So without further ado, here's my friend's egg curry recipe for 2 or 3 servings.
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons of ghee or any neutral oil
- Turmeric to taste
- Chili powder to taste
- Cumin seeds a teaspoon
- An onion, chopped
- Garlic to taste
- Ginger to taste
- A tablespoon of garam masala
- A teaspoon of coriander
- A cup of tomato puree
- Two tablespoons of yogurt
- Naan to serve
- White rice
- Cilantro (optional)
1. In a pan add the ghee and toast the cumin seeds then add onions, garlic and ginger and let it cook.
2. Add the garam masala, chili powder, turmeric and coriander. Cook for a minute.
3. Pour the tomato puree and make sure to stir so nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan, reduce the heat to low, add a little bit of water, ad the eggs and cover. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
4. Serve with naan, rice, and sprinkle with coriander!