Why not supercharge your hummus? Try this delicious carrot and turmeric spread.
The chickpeas provide a great protein hit while carrots are full of Vitamin A and beta-carotene both of which are good for eye and skin health. Turmeric and especially its active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits. It's a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and an amazing immunity-booster.
- 2 carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 tin of chickpeas (drained)
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp tahini (you can use unsweetened) peanut butter
- salt and black pepper to taste
- optional: spices, unflavored protein powder, garlic
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas and tahini until smooth. Add the grated carrot, turmeric, lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and any of your optional ingredients. Slowly add olive oil while blending.
- Store in a closed jar in the fridge and eat within 5 days.
Enjoy with some crackers, crudites, or use it instead of mayo on a sandwich!