If you have sensitive skin, you know that it could be difficult when it comes to choosing jewelry that is not 18 or 24-carat gold. This is what you could use instead.
While tarnish is something that we don't enjoy in our affordable pieces, the real problem is irritation -and if you have sensitive skin, it can go from a small bump to a very annoying rash.
If your skin reacts to certain jewelry, it means that you are allergic to this material and this can cause contact dermatitis. So the thing is that if certain jewelry causes some kind of allergic reaction, it means that you are allergic to that metal. The symptoms France from redness and flaking to maceration or wetness of the skin.
What to do
Though it depends on the metal you are allergic to, but typically any nickel or cobalt alloys are likely to cause irritation. Pure gold or platinum do not contain these metals. Plated jewelry is a way to get a luxury-looking piece of jewelry but at an affordable price and it can also protect the skin from the elements it may be allergic to, like nickel.
Tarnish is also a number one cause of irritation, so make sure your jewelry is in perfect condition.