I'm very fond of natural skincare and I love going around my pantry to see what I can use. I promise this DIY adzuki bean face mask won't let you down.
Organic beauty is already a lifestyle for me. I love the fact that they are environmentally friendly, zero waste and they do work. This is one of my favorite recipes to brighten and exfoliate my skin.
Benefits of adzuki beans
These small, red beans contain an ingredient called saponin which is a natural exfoliant similar to a cleanser. It is great to draw out sebum and dirt, and soothe skin, on top of that, it has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties. That is why it is perfect for oily or acne-prone skin, dry skin or for those who have enlarged pores and you can use it up to two times a week.
Adzuki bean face mask
- 1/2 cup of adzuki beans -dried and try to go for organic ones.
- A food processor or coffee grinder
- About 1/4 a cup of Aloe vera gel or enough to create a paste
- Grind the adzuki beans until you get a powder consistency.
- Mix it with enough aloe vera gel until you get a paste.
- Apply to your skin and massage in circular motions.
- Leave it for 5 or 10 minutes and rinse.
- Tone, moisturize and glow!