If you have 5 minutes, you've got enough time to prepare your own homemade lemon shampoo –and you only need 3 ingredients.
We love DIY recipes because it allows you to have control over all your ingredients and the sources. This recipe, in particular, is super customizable and easy to prepare. It works great on oily hair because lemon is a great ingredient to clarify your hair, but it is suitable for all hair types. Without further ado, our recipe here:
Homemade lemon shampoo for all hair types
- ½ cup neutral shampoo
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil
- In a clean jar pour the shampoo.
- Add the coconut oil for lots of hydration in the mixture. Make sure it is at room temperature or slightly melted so it is easier to blend. At this point, you'll get an opaque mixture.
- add the essential oil and close the jar.
- Shake well to mix all the ingredients, and you are ready to use the shampoo!
This is a very creamy recipe with a beautiful scent, I'm sure you'll definitely love it.