Having oily skin is a condition that many people live with. If you have or you think you have oily skin, do not let it become a headache. Learn how to deal with it instead!
The first question of all is if you really know what type of skin you have. You can discover if your skin is oily by paying attention to it. Oily skin is characterized by having big pores, oily sensations throughout the day, and blemishes. It is common to see pimples due to the combination of excess oil with dirt that remains on the surface.
According to experts, oily skin needs special care. Many people think that by cleaning more the skin they will improve the situation. Although it sounds logical, it is not this way. Actually, the more we clean the face, the more sebum the skin will produce to replenish it. The best option instead is to use the correct products that are designed for this type of skin. You can also clean it in the morning and before going to bed.
Moreover, it may sound paradoxical, but oily skin can be dehydrated too. If you apply some moisturizer and your skin does not absorb it properly, your skin might be dehydrated. This can be caused by many factors like diet, allergies, stress, and poor quality makeup products.
The best solution is to use gentle cleansers that remove impurities without breaking the skin's natural barrier, along with hydrating treatments that restore water levels.
DIY face wash for oily skin
Before washing your face, you must take into account some tips:
Always try to use lukewarm water. By using hot water, you can make your skin get dry and hurt. Also, warm water will make your pores open up.
Whatever cleaner you are going to use, apply it in gently, making circular motions. Treat your skin with care.
If you have sensitive skin, the ideal would be that you do not use natural products that have mint or citrus fruits, since they can contain astringent properties that irritate the skin.
To make a DIY face wash for oily skin, you will need just a few ingredients:
- 1 tbsp of african black liquid soap (neutral)
- 1 tbsp of vegan yogurt.
- 1 tbsp of Dry Clay
- 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar
- Just mix all the ingredients until you get the consistency you need, and apply it gently to your face. Rinse well, with warm water
- You can also use honey instead of Yogurt, but it's a little bit more sticky and challenging to work.
- Dry clay is ideal for your face wash because it helps to recharge the cells with negative ions. To activate clay, keep it wet. You will notice that it's an effective cleanser.
- Apple cider vinegar will clean the excess of oil of the skin. It also has antimicrobial properties. Another product that goes very well is the tea tree. Two tablespoons will be enough.
You must be consistent and cleanse your skin every night before going to sleep.