Read to find out the many benefits of this oil!
Tea tree oil is extracted from the leaves of a small Australian tree, Melaleuca Alternifolia, which originally grew in a region to the east of the island known as New South Wales.
Now, due to the high global demand for oil, it is grown throughout the country.
Most Beneficial Uses of Tea Tree Oil are:
• Acne and occasional pimples: apply directly to the area 3 times a day
• Psoriasis, dermatitis, allergies: dilute 10 drops in a spoonful of jojoba or almond base oil and apply to the area 3 times a day.
• Small cuts and wounds: apply directly to the lesion several times a day.
• Light and sunburns: apply several times a day to the burn without diluting.
• Skin irritated by waxing or shaving: dilute a few drops in a little base oil and massage gently.
• Oily or dry hair, sensitive scalp, dandruff: tea tree oil regularises the sebaceous glands and soothes irritation. Add a few drops to your usual shampoo.
• Bruises: massage 2-3 times a day on the area.
• Colds, nasal congestion, sinusitis, cough: vaporize for 10 minutes with hot water and 10 drops of tea oil a couple of times a day or put the oil in a humidifier to decongest.
• Muscle aches: massage the area. It is also effective to take a hot bath with 10 drops of oil.
• Eco-friendly household cleaner: mix 25 drops of oil and half a liter of water in a spray bottle. Tea tree oil is an excellent cleaner and antiseptic for kitchens and bathrooms.
• Insect repellent: mix 7 drops of oil and half a liter of water and spray the house with the mixture.
• Skin inflammation: mix 10 drops of tea tree oil with one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and one tablespoon of melted coconut oil. Apply it to your skin twice a day until your skin looks better.
• Bacteria: tea tree oil is an excellent hand sanitizer since it can kill several common bacteria and viruses, for example, influenza. Mix 5-10 drops of lavender essential oil, 30 drops of tea tree essential oil, 3 ounces of ethyl alcohol 90%+ (180+ proof) or 91%+ isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, 1ounce of aloe vera gel, and ¼ teaspoon Vitamin E oil. Then Transfer hand sanitizer to a small bottle and that is it.
• Nail fungus: get rid of nail fungus with this natural remedy: use a few drops of tea tree oil alone or mix it with an equal amount of coconut oil and apply it to your nails
Some precautions to bear in mind:
Tea tree oil should only be used topically, it should not be ingested or come into contact with the eyes. It is toxic if swallowed, not only for people but also for animals. So, keep it out of reach of children and pets. Besides that, it can be perfectly used for skin and hair but before using it, test a drop or two on a small area of your skin and wait 24 hours to see if any reaction occurs.
In addition, it should not be used by pregnant or nursing women. In the case of sensitive skin always use diluted base oil.