5 Natural ways to treat razor burn 5 Natural ways to treat razor burn

5 Natural ways to treat razor burn

There's one reason why I didn't use to like shaving: Razor burn. If I had known these tips, I wouldn't have hated razors so much. 

About four years ago I decided to go for laser hair removal and it was the best decision I've ever taken related to skincare and body care in general. I mean, it is perfectly fine not to remove your hair, or have razor burn or bumps, it is normal, that is the way our body is and there is no shame in it. However, I don't know if it is out of social pressure or because I really wanted it, but I've always removed my hair and suffered from razor burns (not to be confused with keratosis pilaris), it hurts, it takes time to heal, and ingrown hairs become more visible than ever. But luckily, there are some hacks you can try.

5 Natural ways to treat razor burn

1. A hot bath

To reduce inflammation have a hot bath with salt, the steam will open up your pores, and the salt soothes the irritation and relieves swelling. 

Try having a hot bath to treat razor bumps.

2. Apple cider vinegar

Yes, apple cider vinegar is also good to soothe your skin. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can increase cell turnover, unclog ingrown hairs and relieve pain. 

Apple cider vinegar is great to treat razor burn.

3. Coconut oil

Once again, coconut oil comes to the rescue. It is inexpensive, packed with antioxidants, it smells great, soothes your skin and it softens the outer layers, making the inflammation less painful. 

Coconut oil is perfect to soften your skin.

4. Lactic acid comes to the rescue

Try applying some milk and cucumber to alleviate irritated skin, the vitamin C and cooling effect of cucumber will alleviate irritation and the lactic acid will restore the skin's barrier function. 

Use a pad soaked in milk for some relief.

5. Have a DIY Oatmeal bath

Oats are extremely moisturizing and protective, they have anti-inflammatory and antioxidative properties and they will restore the skin's barrier function. 

Aniela Dybiec

Aniela is a writer who loves art, makeup, and magick. She is also an amateur illustrator, a wellness fan and a vegetarian.+ info

Related Articles

More News

More News